I had a little bit of free time on this miserably cold day so I thought I’d pop my head in and say hellloooo. I wanted to tell y’all a little more about myself, I’m really quite boring but maybe some of you can relate to my life. We can be a support system for one another. So here’s a couple quick facts about my life:
1. I’m 23, soon to be 24, and I live with my husband and our daughter in upstate New York. It’s horrible here and I can’t wait to move, the weather is miserable and I need more heat to survive. Here’s one of my favorite places to go, where it’s warmer:
Black Sand Beaches in the Marin Headlands of California.
Also, I’ve been married to my amazing husband for 5 going on 6 years. He’s pretty great and at least if we have to live in New York, I get to be with him and Amadora.
2. In the past year I was diagnosed with OCD, obsessive thoughts are mostly my issue, I don’t take any type of prescription for it because I had a bad reaction to Prozac. I would highly suggest that anyone try using vitamins and self-help books before going on prescription anxiety medicine. Here are the vitamins I take and the current self-help book that I’m reading:
Mindfulness Workbook for OCD has been such an eye-opener. Also an excellent tool to help your loved ones understand why the struggle with OCD is so frightening
The mindfulness workbook has not only helped me understand what I’m up against but it has helped my husband better understand and support me when I am panicking. OCD has completely overtaken my life in the past 2 years, I’ve always been a worrier (ask my mother) and I’ve always had anxiety but it wasn’t until this past September that I was finally diagnosed with OCD by a psychiatrist. Now, that doesn’t make me crazy or psycho but it does mean I am flawed, I’ll admit to it because no one is perfect. Although I feel like OCD and the anxiety that directly relates to it constantly burdens my life, I am determined to overcome and persevere.
3. My daughter, Amadora, means everything to me and I don’t even really like children all that much (besides a very select few that I adore and would take a bullet for). I never even really thought I would have a child, but she was such an incredible blessing that I can’t imagine my life without her. She reminds me to let loose and be silly, not to be so uptight all of the time. Our personalities are on the exact opposite of the spectrum and it works for us. This is a picture of us from last year at Disney World:
Queen Elinor and Merida.
I really don’t know what I would do without her, she’s the honeysuckle to my honey bee. I’m a stay at home mom right now, so we spend a lot of days together playing and watching movies. Her current favorite things to play with are Shopkins and My Little Pony stuff. Her favorite movie is Ghostbusters, her favorite song is Brass Monkey. I’d like to think that she’s pretty rad for being 2 months shy of 5.
4. I am addicted to Disney World and all Disney related garb! We’ve gone 2 years in a row and will be hitting up Disney Land this year since we will be moving to California to be with family (HALLELUJAH). I love theme parks in general but Disney parks and Universal Studios are my favorite. We’ve gone to Universal Orlando 3 years in a row, every time we go it’s so that we can visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I love butter beer!
Oh hey, you’re positively primeval.
Ace holding Snow White, aka Amadora. Both were ready to hit the sack after a long day of exploring Disney World.
Anyway, if you ever need a tour guide for Disney World or Universal Orlando, I can help you out!
5. I am currently enrolled at Bryant and Stratton College- Online, studying for my Associate’s of Applied Science in Human Resource Management. I have 2 1/2 weeks of school left and absolutely cannot wait to be done! I love school, don’t get me wrong. But I am juggling a lot right now and can’t wait for this to be off of my plate. Go to school kids! It’ll pay off in the long run, or at least I think it will.
So anyway, that’s just a little bit about me. I’ll finish this post off with a couple pictures of my WPOTD because why not?
Beauty Bar Baby- Brothel and Bordello eye shadows. Notoriously Morbid- Don’t Think So Loud. My Pretty Zombie- Unicorn Pee (this eyeshadow is freaking magical).
Hi everyone! Sweatpants, hair-tied, chilling with hella makeup on.
Have a good HUMP DAYYYY, try not to get humped if you don’t want to be. 😀
Until we meet again.
Fare thee well,